Emplois & Formations
Senior Agronomist (m/f) - Pest and Disease Modelling
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive globally novel pest and disease solutions within Digital Farming (DF) with a focus on concept advancement how to combine mechanistic disease and pest models with data driven approaches
- Develop and apply cutting-edge agronomic models for digital products using programming languages like Python or R
- Coordinate development activities of dedicated tools from early development to a final product by testing and refining predictive models against new datasets
- Orchestrate activities by integrating ideas from a broad range of stakeholder concepts together with regional and global team members
- Identify priorities and quick wins for solution development within chosen key crops and geographies along Bayer's portfolio strategy
- Deliver results in a given time in a cross-functional project-driven organization and adapt development steps and milestones in close alignment with the overall DF offering
- Benchmark pest and disease model concepts globally from an agronomy perspective and coordinate DF partnering activities in conjunction with local/regional DF representatives
WHO YOU ARE
- niversity degree (PhD or Master) in agronomy, agricultural science, plant production, crop modeling, data science or an equivalent field
- Several years of experience in pest and disease modeling, expertise as a developer (m/f) or user (m/f) of agronomic or environmental prediction models required
- Strong in theoretical concepts of data-driven disease and pest modelling
- Affinity to precision agriculture and ability to transfer decision-making into algorithms and to translate concepts into digital offerings
- Ability to contribute to Bayer's ambition of sustainable digital agriculture and therefore high ability to interact with technology and engineering teams
- Team player (m/f) with strong experimentation and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic interdisciplinary and international environment, including willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written, preferably additional language skills (German, Portuguese, French)
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...