Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Manager
Tracking Code 961-112 Job Description
Location – DR Congo
About the Programme
ÉLAN RDC is a private sector development programme that aims to increase the incomes of over a million low-income men and women in the DRC by 2020. ÉLAN RCDC is implemented by the consultancy firm Adam Smith International and funded by the UK government as part of its private sector development strategy in the DRC.
We aim to build a more efficient and inclusive economy for the DRC. We provide international expertise and market insight to businesses, financial institutions and industry associations, supporting them to innovate and grow.
We follow a “market systems development” approach (also known as the “Making Markets Work for the Poor” (M4P) approach), which seeks to develop and promote sustainable and scalable solutions to systemic constraints in markets that prevent poor producers and consumers from benefiting from their participation in them.
Objective of the role:
- Support ÉLAN RDC and its partners to capture the breadth and depth of the programme, including the extent to which ELAN RDC has sustainably changed market systems in the DRC in the selected sectors of intervention. This will imply designing the most appropriate measurement methodologies and providing the most robust, credible and useful information.
- Ensure the dissemination of findings and lessons learned within ELAN RDC as well as its partners and stakeholders
Scope of Work:
The Senior MRM Manager is part of a large team (around 50 people) including international and Congolese staff spread throughout five regional offices in the DRC. He/she will be responsible for a team of five MRM analysts. The main responsibilities include:
Managing the ÉLAN RDC Monitoring & Results Measurement activities, including:
- Designing, planning and coordinating measurement activities: Developing, with the technical teams and MRM team, intervention logics in the form of results chains and pathways to scale, making realistic, evidence-based projections and planning and delivering results measurement with appropriate attribution strategies, including impact assessment, monitoring of new business models, and measurement of system change. Specific measurement of indirect beneficiaries and systemic changes will be conducted. Activities are expected to be informed by the guidance available in the DCED Standard.
- Ensuring quality and timely delivery of results information: Ensuring the quality and timeliness of the intervention logics and accompanying MRM activities, in particular holding MRM Analysts and technical teams accountable for tasks under their responsibilities. Managing and implementing ELAN Research plan to explore other research areas relevant to the understanding of programme’s impact.
- Promoting evidence-based strategic decision-making: Ensure, in conjunction with other members of the Senior Management Team, that MRM information and progress reports on results-to-date feed into strategic reviews, and informs and influences programme decision-making, including the design and implementation of sector strategies and interventions design and implementation and sector strategies
- Deploying appropriate methods: Designing, supervising and/or delivering a variety of measurement methodologies appropriate to the monitoring and information needs of the programme, including household level surveys, focus groups discussions, interviews, monitoring/observation missions and partner self-reporting;
- Knowledge Management and Documenting approaches: Ensuring the MRM workspace in Sharepoint is up to date. Producing technical notes on the programme’s MRM methodologies and projections, reports on results that have been achieved and lessons learned and recommended measures to implement for an increased impact of the portfolio interventions of the programme. Manage MRM knowledge so that is well organised and easily accessible by members of the project team through the internal Sharepoint online platform.
- Supporting ÉLAN RDC’s risk analysis and management, and value for money reporting
- Producing or contributing to project documents, work plans and other reports as necessary;
Managing the MRM Team, including:
- Resource allocation: Preparing the quarterly MRM budgets in close liaison with the MRM team and submitting it to the PM unit for approval;
- Personnel line management: Line managing MRM Analysts, including through collecting and reviewing their weekly reports and through conducting performance appraisals in conjunction with the Team Leader, or Project Manager;
- Support personal development: Supporting capacity building of the MRM Team by identifying learning and development needs and recommending relevant training;
- Identifying projected Short Term Technical Advisor (STTA) needs for MRM;
Responsibilities as a member of and MRM focal point for the ÉLAN RDC Senior Management Team (SMT), including:
- Participating in ÉLAN RDC SMT meetings and decision-making concerning programme strategy, intervention design and implementation, budget allocation, internal and external communications, recruitment and HR issues (resource allocation, needs identification, learning and development planning, disciplinary matters, etc.);
- Leading the organisation and preparation of quarterly results review meetings;
- Leading the relationship with the Decision Support Unit on all MRM-related issues, including the management of DSU’s results verification exercises
- Supporting the organisation and preparation of annual and end-of-programme reviews, senior technical meetings, all-staff meetings, annual and quarterly reports, annual business plans, and other programme documents;
- Providing information to the SMT on MRM questions, including the programme logframe, results chains, impact projections, achieved results, value for money (VFM) and return on investment;
- Representing ÉLAN RDC on MRM questions vis-à-vis DFID and other key partners, and in external media and events (e.g. conferences, radio programmes).
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent proficiency in French (written/spoken);
- Excellent proficiency in English (written/spoken);
- A university degree (minimum undergraduate) in statistics, economics, international development or similar;
- A good understanding of private sector development issues and the Making Markets Work For The Poor (M4P) approach to development;
- Strong technical skills in quantitative and qualitative MRM methods (including impact assessment) applied to development programmes;
- Practical and professional experience in development activities related to gender and social inclusion issues, political economy and conflict mitigation and communications / project outreach and public relations;
- Sound understanding of logical framework approach, results-based measurement, project cycle management and other strategic planning approaches;
- Experience in developing practical guidance and tools for effective monitoring and reporting;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in MRM;
- A previous MRM experience in other countries of francophone Africa (desirable);
- A good understanding of the economy of DRC;
- Excellent team-working, stakeholder engagement, and writing and oral communication skills;
- Experience managing teams;
- Demonstrable experience of working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Results-driven work ethic.
Job Location Kinshasa, , Congo - Kinshasa Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Plus d'emploi sur la région RDC : https://rdcemploi.wixsite.com/rdce/autres-offres
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...