The Company: SIPEF is a Belgian agribusiness group listed on Euronext Brussels and specialised in 100% sustainable certified production of crude palm oil, rubber, tea and bananas. These labour-intensive activities are consolidated in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Côte d’Ivoire, and are characterised by broad stakeholder involvement, which sustainably supports the long-term investments. For further details, feel free to visit our website: www.sipef.com
The Sustainability Advisor will support the Environment & Conservation Department, headed by our sustainability director. He will handle specific and sometimes complex issues related to the voluntary certification standards adopted by the company, requiring a keen intellect and a strong sense of analysis.
The Sustainability Advisor will acquire a good knowledge of all field and industrial operations to be able to provide the most appropriate analysis and inputs. He will divide his time between office and field.
Working within a large organisation, the Advisor will be able to interact positively with the various departments and operating units, as well as external consultants.
The Sustainability Advisor position can evolve, its scope will then be adjusted according to the Advisor’s skills and to the needs of the Company.
- Point of hire/assignment, and area of competence.
- Point of hire/assignment: Medan, Indonesia.
- Area of competence: essentially all operations under our management in Indonesia (oil palm, rubber, tea, biodiversity project), but it will be extended to short missions in Papua New Guinea (oil palm).
- Education: engineer-level, preferably in tropical agronomy. A technical degree with field experience can be considered.
- Experience: preferably minimum 5 years’ experience, field-based, regardless of geographic region.
- Specific experience (desirable): plantation crops, plantation management, voluntary certification standards (FSC, RSPO, RA …).
- Skills: good analytical skills, excellent command of English, good writing skills.
- Reporting lines.
- Reporting to: Sustainability Director and Senior Manager E&C.
- Reporting from: all our operations.
- Level in the company structure: Manager.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of voluntary standards adopted by the Company: RSPO, ISCC, ISPO, ISO, Rainforest Alliance, as well as their National/commodity specific interpretations, and their implementation by the Company. The Advisor might be taking part in Working Groups of the various standards.
- Support the regular monitoring of operations by E&C Dept. for compliance with voluntary standards. The Advisor will take part in the internal audits carried out by the E&C Dept. team, and in the external audits carried out by the certification bodies.
- Manage specific technical sustainability issues, using internal and external resources as needed. The Advisor will manage consultants and review their deliverables.
- Application: Please send us a letter and your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...