Technical and Project Officer
Willing to join our team? EBA is seeking a Technical and Project Officer to support the secretariat in Brussels and to follow up on technical activities of the association.
EBA works for the deployment of renewable energy and gas from anaerobic digestion, biomass gasification and power-to-methane. Our main focus is sustainable biogas/biomethane and digestate production and use in Europe. The association’s body of more thatn 100 members is a network of the most experienced biogas and biomethane experts from 26 countries all across Europe.
EBA has established itself as core player in the development of the renewable energy sector, as influencer in the policy environment and as reliable partner for research and EU projects. After having grown into a 100-members-association, the year 2019 will mark its 10-year anniversary. The secretariat is getting ready to prepare the associations entry into its second decade while continuing its role during the energy transition.
Organisation: EBA – European Biogas Association a.i.s.b.l.
Location: Renewable Energy House (REH), Rue d’Arlon 63-65, 1040 Brussels
Starting date: as soon as possible
Scope of activities:
- Research, data collection and knowledge acquisition on the following topics: biogas and biomethane production and use, anaerobic digestion, gasification, power-to-methane, digestate utilisation, nutrient recycling, organic fertilisation, biorefinery, circular economy.
- Drafting of statistical market analyses on national and European biogas and biomethane markets
- Research and data collection for EU-funded projects, collaborations with neighbouring associations and members’ requests
- Development of technical brochures and key-publications
- Coordination of activities of the Company and the Scientific Advisory Councils
- Liaison with active members and aqcuisition of new members
- Monitoring of EU programmes and development of the EBA project pole
- Support of EBA’s policy and lobbying activities, communication activities and EBA events
- Representation of the EBA at scientific conferences, international workshops and exhibitions.
- University graduate in a related field of environmental engineering, environmental sciences, agriculture, natural sciences, engineering
- Knowledge of renewable energies and particularly anaerobic digestion and/or nutrient recycling and/or biorefineries is a must
- Enthusiasm for renewable energies and environmental protection
- Experience with EU projects is a strong asset
- Basic knowledge on EU legislations on renewable energies and/or circular economy are a strong asset
- Excellent written and spoken English. Other European languages, particularly French, are an asset.
- Mastering MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher are a must), general IT skills and eye for design are an asset.
- Required skill set: analytical skills, numerical reasoning, logical thinking, eye for detail
- Willingness to travel within Europe
- A work permit for Belgium is mandatory
- Required working experience: from University graduate to 5 years of working experience
We are looking to welcome a young and motivated professional into our team with a reliable and automonous working style while being a flexible team player and bringing positive spirit into the international team. Our new colleague is a quick learner, is enthusiastic about renewables and enjoys working in close collaboration with colleagues, members, neighbouring associations and representatives of the European institutions.
Job description and offer
The position of the Technical and Project Officer provides the opportunity to work on a variety of topics related to the biogas sector and build a network of science and industry representatives and policy makers across Europe. It will offer the possibility to develop project management skills and become an expert on biorefinery and circular economy. You will profit from collaborations of neighbouring associations, leading European experts and policy makers.
In close collaboration with EBA’s second Technical and Project Officer you will develop and update the associations data and knowledge base built on scientific research and statistical data provided by EBA’s members. You will be supporting EBA’s Head of Policy in fulfilling the policy agenda and you will be contributing to EBA events and the execution of the EBA communication strategy.
The EBA offers a flexible work in the dynamic surroundings of the Renewable Energy House within a small, young and motivated team. The EBA offers a 6-months terminated contract with the outlook to be transferred into an undetermined contract. Additional social benefits are dependend on the working experience.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are encouranged to submit a CV (max. 2 pages, no Europass format!) and a motivation letter in English with a reply to the following question: “How will your skills help you to fulfil tasks of a Technical and Project Officer at the EBA?” (max. 1 page) via email only and with the subject ‘Application Technical and Project Officer – your name’ to Mrs. Stefanie Königsberger, Technical and Project Officer EBA, firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th of September.
Strictly no telephone calls. Only candidates matching the profile will be considered and contacted.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...