The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) envisions a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. CIFOR is a CGIAR Research Center, and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry (FTA). Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, with offices in Nairobi, Kenya, Yaoundé, Cameroon, and Lima, Peru.
The Project FORETS (FOrmation, Recherche, Environnement dans la TShopo) is an action mainly funded with resources from the XI European Development Fund.
The action is defined as a substantial contribution to the integrated development of the Yangambi Biosphere Reserve landscape in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). It aims to achieve specific objectives about conservation and the use of biodiversity and ecosystem services in the scope of sustainable development of local populations. Activities are defined along the Yangambi–Kisangani axis in the Tshopo Province and not only address support to local communities through awareness raising, extension and outreach, but also strengthen national human resources, through formal university training programs such as LMD (Licence, Master, Doctorat, or BSc, MSc and PhD).
The action aims at embracing a series of socioeconomic development opportunities in a landscape of circa 400,000 ha and impacting – directly and indirectly – a population of circa 1 million urban and rural dwellers.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) is the international organization in charge of implementing this action with the support of local and international partners.
CIFOR is recruiting a Field Facilitator to assist the Project Coordinator in the performance of their tasks.
Duties and responsibilities
The Field Facilitator will have the following responsibilities:
Education, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences or rural and/or community development; PhD is an advantage
- at least 5 years of experience in the implementation of projects on forestry, agroforestry, value chain analysis, integrated landscape management or development
- international experience is required and experience in DRC would be an asset
- experience in fundraising required
- experience in working with network-wide and diverse groups and individuals
- good command of spoken and written English and French; a knowledge of local languages (Lingala and Swahili) would be considered advantageous
- good skills in communication and writing
- good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- a license for car and motorcycle.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- ability to inspire and organize groups in developing countries
- proficient in self-organization and the establishment of priorities, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and to work effectively under the pressure of time
- excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, show initiative, and exchange information with other members of multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- experience working with network-wide and diverse groups and individuals
- very good capacity to adapt and must demonstrate rural and forest community facilitation skills.
Terms and Conditions
- CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in USD, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive of a 9-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The work location will be at Yangambi, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
To apply, please visit our career site at http://www.cifor.org/careers
To learn more about CIFOR, please visit our website at http://www.cifor.org
The application deadline is Oct 10, 2018
Apply on https://recruit.zoho.com/recruit/Apply.na?digest=RozE02UxPY4Ekh5OYVuSLpeoRTr5dGGJRlPcvDapB.E-&embedsource=Embed
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...