Bioenergy Europe is recruiting a Statistics Analyst to support the work of the market intelligence department.
Founded in 1990, Bioenergy Europe is a non-profit, Brussels-based international organisation active at EU level. Bioenergy Europe’s primary mission is to develop the market for sustainable bioenergy and ensure favourable business conditions for its members. Bioenergy Europe holds a strong position in the bioenergy sector and brings together approximately 40 national bioenergy associations and over 90 private-sector companies from all over Europe. More information at www.bioenergyeurope.org.
You will work within the Market intelligence department of Bioenergy Europe with much interactivity with all staff members. You will mainly be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collection of statistics needed for the next issues of Bioenergy Europe statistical reports. Updating existing data series but also collecting original data by contacting many stakeholders;
- Providing significant support to other Bioenergy Europe departments by analysing technical and numerical data useful to support Bioenergy Europe´s actions in policy and communication;
- Be responsible for activities of the biomass panel of the Renewable Heating and Cooling platform (www.rhc-platform.org);
- Provide support to the manager of the International Biomass Torrefaction Council (http://ibtc.bioenergyeurope.org/).
Competencies and skills
- Technical master´s degree related to forest, agriculture and/or (bio)energy (fuel, combustion processes, etc.);
- Strong analytical skills and numerical reasoning;
- Experienced user of Excel;
- Autonomy, self-organisation, priority management and reliability;
- Having an interest in renewables/bioenergy;
- Responsiveness and ownership of tasks;
- The ambition to challenge and exceed expectations;
- Team player with a positive attitude, sociable and reliable;
- Ability to work in an international/multicultural environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages an asset.
What we offer
- Full-time equivalent internship based in Brussels starting 1 January 2018 or earlier;
- 6-month fixed term contract under the Belgian law (Contrat d’Insertion Professionnelle). Salary: 800 EUR/month + meal tickets + public transport (total over 1000 EUR net/month);
- Possibility to continue with a contract with an employee benefit package;
- Friendly and dynamic working environment.
If you are interested, apply at https://form.jotform.com/83054398969980 before 19 November 2018. Interviews will be held in our office in Brussels. Only the candidates selected for interviews will be notified per email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...