Track Senior lecturer in “International agriculture and cropping systems”
UniLaSalle is a French Higher Education Institution specialised in Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Food & Health and Geosciences. UniLaSalle offers BSc and MSc degrees and has campuses in Beauvais, Rouen and Rennes which host in total 2900 students. UniLaSalle is accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Agriculture and the Commission of Engineering Degrees. UniLaSalle has business chairs in Risks in Agriculture, Agro-ressources and biosourced materials, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Engineering and is supported by the local governments of Normandy, Brittany and Hautsde- France. Students at UniLaSalle benefit from innovative pedagogical tools and work on real-world cases. Students at UniLaSalle benefit from a holistic educational project which emphasises academics but also to take responsibilities as a social being in society. UniLaSalle is the coordinator of Europe’s Master of Excellence in Plant Breeding (Erasmus Mundus Master in Plant Breeding emPLANT).
New appointments will join a large and busy school of 140 academic staff, operating on three campus and numerous regional, national, european partners, with access to the range of teaching and research facilities of the largest French private school in Life Sciences. Committed to humanism, equity, creativity, we welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and countries.
UniLaSalle invites applications for a tenure-track as lecturer in Agricultural Sciences to be located on the Rouen campus. The successful candidate will develop an internationally-recognized and grantsupported research (50%) addressing the research needs of Europe, the state and region; and teaching (50%) program focused on cropping systems in the world and their fundamental role in meeting society’s needs for food/fuel production, carbon management and a healthy environment. Having expertise in tropical agriculture is an asset.
This position builds on our interdisciplinary research strengths in Soil sciences and microbial ecology in the field of agroecology, taking advantage of recent researchs in AGHYLE Unit as well as our links with professionals (cooperatives, engineering consultants, professional agricultural organisations) and public research institutes (INRA, CNRS, Universities).
- Teach and coordinate courses in agri-food sciences at bachelors and master level ; in agrifood production, food science, in agroalimentary industry and food sectors, local food networks, product life cycle analysis, while using innovative pedagogical tools and techniques
- Developing projects in partnership with agribusiness companies
- Supervision of student projects, end-of-study projects
- Networking with all the actors of the ag-food sector
- Build and implement innovative grant-supported research projects within the AGHYLE research unit (Soil quality, plant nutrition and health).
- Participate in the scientific watch and the methodological development of interest as part of the research project of the AGHYLE unit.
- Contribute to develop scientific collaboration and company partnerships.
- Promote the results achieved by writing scientific papers and attending conferences at national and international level.
- Contribution to the promotion of UniLasalle in various events such as; open days, study fairs, conferences...)
The candidate must have a PhD in Agronomy or closely related discipline. Experience in research related to this position (as demonstrated by publication in peer-reviewed journals) is expected.
Interest and ability to develop a nationally- and internationaly-recognized, externally-funded research program and a high quality teaching program in the broad areas of agricultural Sciences, with emphasis on management of cropping systems in relation with physical environment and production constrainst in different pedoclimatic contexts in different parts of the world / or worldwide.
Skills in systemic approach of agriculture including systems assessment models and decision-making tools will be an asset.
Knowledge of the design of innovative cropping systems that combine maintenance of production capacities and reduction of environmental impacts; the comprehensive and holistic approach to the farm, including its technical, socio-economic and environmental dimensions.
Ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate students is critical
Student-centered approach to education and a commitment to continued growth the agronomy department.
Strong interest in pedagogical innovation.
Ability to work independently and report as a multidisciplinary team member.
Demonstrate willingness and ability to work effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders to support the mission of the institution.
Ability to communicate effectively including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Language skills : Fluent English, French (B1 level)
Conditions of employment
- Post based at Mont Saint Aignan (76130), 3 rue du Tronquet – France – In our agriculture and agroindustry College. More precisely in ou Agronomy, Livestock farming and Environment
- Position on permanent contract, salary according to profile and experience.
Please send your application to Rh@unilasalle.fr
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...