Research Associate (in vitro)
Oxurion (Euronext Brussels: OXUR) is a biopharmaceutical company currently developing a competitive pipeline of disease-modifying drug candidates for diabetic eye disease, a leading cause of blindness in people of working age worldwide.
Oxurion’s most advanced drug candidate is THR-317, a PlGF inhibitor for the treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME), which is currently in a Phase 2 study in combination with Lucentis®. THR-317 is also being evaluated in a Phase 2 study for the treatment of Idiopathic Macular Telangiectasia Type 1 (MacTel 1), a rare retinal disease that affects the macula and can lead to vision loss.
Oxurion has two further pipeline candidates, THR-149, a plasma kallikrein inhibitor being developed for the treatment of DME; and THR-687, a pan-RGD integrin antagonist in development for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy and DME. Both THR-149 and THR-687 are in Phase 1 clinical studies.
Oxurion is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, and is listed on the Euronext Brussels exchange under the symbol OXUR. More information is available at www.oxurion.com.
Contributing to the discovery and development of therapeutic molecules by performing experiments.
- Executes experiments under supervision, following specific protocols, within one main expertise area, in support of investigational new therapeutics at Oxurion;
- Provides input to the experimental design, suggestions are discussed with the supervisor before action is taken;
- Plans work together with the supervisor;
- Collects raw data, analyses the experimental results under supervision and according to established processes;
- Documents and retains data in adequate systems;
- Discusses each experiment with the supervisor;
- Interacts with providers of equipment/tools;
- Is accountable for a specific task in the department (e.g. Tool instrument maintenance, tool management, …).
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Science (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Biology or comparable), preferably with 2-3 years of experience in an academic or pharmaceutical setting;
- You have hands-on experience or strong theoretical knowledge in two or more of the following techniques: SPR/Biacore, enzymatic assays, HPLC/analytical chromatography, mass spectrometry, general protein chemistry (e.g. recombinant expression, purification, protein modification, SDSPAGE, western-blot, ELISA);
- You work accurately and are driven by quality;
- You are confident in the lab environment, with strong technical lab skills and troubleshooting skills;
- You are flexible and able to work in a highly collaborative team environment;
- You have good knowledge of English and sufficient MS Office skills.
Interested in this position?
Send your application to:
Oxurion – to the attention of Pieter Mathys – Gaston Geenslaan 1, B-3001 Heverlee (Leuven) Tel: +32 16 751478, e-mail: Pieter.firstname.lastname@example.org
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...