Livestock and climate change specialist
The Animal Production and Health Division assists FAO members in the development of sustainable livestock systems. It hosts intergovernmental bodies, multistakeholder initiatives and knowledge networks, provides information and technical and policy support to development efforts, including emergency preparedness and response. The Division has expertise in animal health (One Health), animal production and genetics, and livestock sector analysis and policy.
The post is located in the Animal Production and Genetics branch (AGAG). AGAG has expertise in a variety of technical and provides support to countries in the development of sustainable livestock production systems and supply chains.
The consultant reports to the Livestock Development Officer, AGAG
The consultant will contribute to AGAG’s work on livestock and climate change, with particular focus on integrating climate change mitigation and adaptation in livestock projects at national level.
Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will:
- Develop material and provide training on livestock and climate change mitigation and adaptation, including tools for assessment, in the context of 2 large scale investments in the livestock sector: the Livestock and Fishery Sector Development Project in Ethiopia and the Projet de Développement de l’Élevage in Cameroun;
- Conduct analysis with and contribute to the improvement and dissemination of GLEAM-i, the Global Livestock Environmental Assessment Model -interactive for the assessment of livestock production, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and feed use under baseline and scenario parameters, in the context of sector investments (e.g. World Bank, IFC, IFAD, EBRD) and FAO projects (e.g. contribution to Koronivia Joint Work on Agriculture, project on Carbon Sequestration and GHG emissions in (agro)sylvopastoral ecosystems in CILSS states);
- Contribute to the work of the LSIPT consortium with CIRAD and ILRI on the topic of climate change and GHG emissions;
- Participate in relevant internal and divisional meetings and workshops;
- Perform any other duty in agreement with the Livestock Development Officer.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...