We are currently looking for a TRAINEE to support our Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Department to start in September – October for a period of 6 months (minimum 3)
ADE is a private consultancy company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels.
It supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policies and strategies.
In particular, ADE concentrates on four main areas: evaluation of public programmes and policies; regional policies and innovation; economic policies and public finance; and agriculture, rural development and environment. ADE has also developed a specific knowledge related to impact evaluations using mixed methods with a counterfactual approach.
Key clients include the European Commission (various Directorates-General), EU Member States’ or Regions, cooperation agencies, the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie), etc.
The Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Department
ADE’s Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment Department is specialized in the evaluation of public policies carried out in favour of rural territories in the broad sense, in order to face the various challenges of the rural world – in particular in terms of generational renewal, local services, competitiveness of farms, respect for the environment and the development of rural societies.
The evaluation of agricultural policies and rural development in an evolving area of expertise in which ADE has gained solid experience since the 1990s. These policies provide support to the rural and agricultural world in its adaptation to economic, social and environmental challenges. The evaluation of these public policies is carried out at regional, national and European level, in Europe and in third countries.
Throughout the evolution of these policies, ADE has widened its area of expertise which now includes several closely related and complementary fields:
- Agricultural and rural development policies, especially implemented within the CAP in EU-28
- Value chain analysis and promotion of agricultural products
- Environmental policies and climate change linked to the agricultural sector
In particular, the department has carried out in the last seven years over twenty evaluations in relation with EU-funded rural development programmes (RDPs) at national, regional or EU level.
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies;
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading research team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies;
- An opportunity to gain experience in working with major donors, such as European institutions;
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues;
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors, both in Europe and/or worldwide.
- Active participation in a series of studies aimed at evaluating and understanding how, and to what extent, the various elements of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) contribute to the EU goal of balanced territorial development.
- Active participation to the ongoing evaluation of four rural development programmes 2014-2020 (EARDF). Activities will relate, among others, to The Common Monitoring and Evaluation Framework (common indicators including impact indicators) and include data collection, quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Contribute to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing and general business development.
- Currently studying for a Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation;
- Experience and/or excellent knowledge of the CAP rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes;
- A training in Evaluation or a knowledge of Evaluation is an asset.
- An excellent level of written and spoken French and English;
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Good writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams;
- Organisational and planning skills
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org for August 12th, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Rue de Clairvaux 40, bte 101 – B 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve – Tel +32 10 45 45 10
E-mail email@example.com – Website www.ade.eu
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...