Evaluator (junior or medium) in rural development
Are you an experienced professional with excellent analytical and consulting skills?
Are you interested in evaluations in the field of rural development, agriculture, and environment both in and outside the EU?
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and the willingness to further develop ADE’s activities in this field?
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Rural Development, Agriculture, and Environment
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations
- Macro-Economic Reforms
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Our Rural development and Environment Department is focusing on Strategic Evaluations of support provided in these fields, notably within the context of the Common Agricultural Policy, but also in third countries. Examples of recent work include:
- Evaluation of rural development programmes (RDP), 2019 in Alsace, Champagne Ardennes, Lorraine, Luxemburg and the Walloon Region for National or Regional Managing Authorities
- Evaluation of the instruments applicable to State aid in the agricultural and forestry sectors and in rural areas, 2018 for the EC, DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Evaluation of measures for agriculture carried out for the outermost regions (POSEI) and the smaller Aegean islands, 2016 for the EC, DG Agriculture and Rural Development
- Framework contract with the Belgian Co-operation on evaluation of their co-operation programmes in the sectors of agriculture, inclusive growth, infrastructure, energy 2018-2021.
What you will do:
- Design evaluation approaches and tools
- Conduct quantitative & qualitative research and analysis
- Conduct interviews and data collection at headquarter level
- Participate to field visits at country level
- Draft reports and present findings in client meetings
- Manage teams and projects
- Participate to tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities
Who we are looking for:
- PhD or Masters as agronomist, geographer, economist or similar
- 2 (junior) to 5 (medium) years of experience at least
- Outstanding analytical, research, and data collection skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Team work and leadership skills
- Resistance to stress
- Fluency in English and knowledge of French; knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- A strong interest in evaluation of public policies
- EU nationality or work permit required
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a renowned consultancy, working for the European Union, United Nations, and other major organisations worldwide
- An opportunity to conduct complex, strategic evaluations targeting senior decision-makers in the field of rural development, agriculture, and environment
- A working environment centred on four main values: Excellence – Ethics – Entrepreneurial spirit – Team spirit
- An international team of highly-qualified colleagues
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant, and to take increasing responsibilities within the company
- A full salary package, with benefits such as the possibility of a company car
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application in English (covering letter and CV) to Mrs. Andreea Toader (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 23 September 2019. We may process applications as soon as we receive them.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The selection procedure will be conducted in several phases, including a case study and a logical test.
Please specify through which channel you heard about this position, and possible start dates.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...