Do you want the dairy products you put on the table to be safe, of high quality and produced in a sustainable way? Then this is your opportunity to contribute as a data scientist at Qlip.
Qlip B.V. is the specialist service provider for quality assurance in the Dutch dairy chain (herd improvement, dairy farmers, dairy companies and dairy trade). Activities include the certification of quality systems, the supervision of private quality requirements and the performance of laboratory analyses. Annually, tens of thousands of audits and inspections are carried out, and around 15 million samples are analysed.
Thanks to a high score in the employee satisfaction survey, Qlip carries a 2-star employer quality mark for the business services sector. We employ approximately 250 people at our site in Zutphen, as well as in the field.
For our team Innovation & Business Development we are looking for a Data scientist in the dairy chain
Your challenge As an organization, Qlip generates large amounts of data on behalf of its customers. Valuing these (big) data plays an important role in the future strategy of the organization.
In this position, measurement results such as infrared spectra and company metadata are used to model management parameters for dairy farming and the dairy industry, and to develop new information products. This is done in dialogue both within the organization and with external stakeholders, such as customers and suppliers. As a data scientist, you will fulfil a key role in data-driven innovations in management information for chain partners, risk analysis, business optimization and quality assurance. The following activities are part of the position:
- Predictive data analysis. Development of statistical models that explain the safety, quality and sustainability of processes and dairy products and that can serve as a basis for data-driven decisions throughout the dairy chain;
- Identification of new product and research opportunities;
- Development and implementation of new indicators (metrics) to improve monitoring and quality of business processes and products;
- Working towards continuous improvement in data acquisition/accessibility in close collaboration with colleagues.
- MSc graduated or equivalent in quantitative data analysis;
- Experience with MS SQL and databases;
- Experience with Python, R and / or Matlab or similar;
- Customer-oriented, collaborative, proactive, result-oriented, quality focus;
- Affinity with or interest in the dairy sector;
- Affinity with big data technologies, IoT, quantitative risk analysis, economic impact and sustainability issues.
We offer a challenging data scientist position with an opportunity to make an important contribution to the further development of our organization. We offer a professional yet informal work environment with ample room to develop your skill set. On the basis of our collective labour agreement you will receive a competitive salary supplemented with the following secondary employment conditions (on a full-time basis):
- 26 vacation days;
- Flexible working hours
- Training options;
- Travel allowance;
- Collective pension scheme and corporate fitness scheme.
For more information, please contact Harrie van den Bijgaart, Manager Innovation & Business Development, phone: +31 88 7547010.
Please apply by e-mail and send your motivation, including a curriculum vitae , to Qlip BV, Human Resources: email@example.com.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...