Senior Plant Tissue Culture Biotechnologist
The Egyptian French Company for Plants Tissue Culture S.A.E is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company headquartered in Cairo, Egypt, that specializes in the development and the propagation of Date Palms, Potato minitubers and other plants. In 2019, the company opened a fully-equipped Laboratory in Cairo, Egypt.
The Egyptian French Company for Plants Tissue Culture S.A.E is seeking a motivated Senior Plant Tissue Culture Biotechnologist to join our Laboratory, located in Cairo, Egypt.
Under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Manager and external consultants the successful candidate will be primarily involved the supervision of production and applying Laboratory SOP and propagation protocols. The successful proponent will also work in conjunction with other laboratory staff and research scientists to drive projects forward to positive conclusions in a streamlined fashion.
Position: Senior Plant Tissue Culture Biotechnologist
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Salary: Commensurate with industry standards & experience
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Education & Qualifications:
- BSc in Plant Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Practical experience in aseptic technique, plant tissue culture, plant transformation, and molecular biology as applied to the study of plants, especially genotyping of plants.
- Theoretical experience in plant transformation and molecular biology as applied to the study of plants, especially genotyping of plants
- Experience working in a commercial biotechnology laboratory preferred.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Able to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Demonstrates a consistently positive attitude.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understands scientific units of measurement and is able to make appropriate conversions.
- Maintains a high degree of ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Able to follow established lab safety protocols, both written and verbal.
- Willing to learn additional information/skills outside of the scope of the position through various training mechanisms.
- Able to function and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Fosters innovation through creative solutions.
- Communicates effectively both verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to be organized and communicate clearly through technology (i.e. Outlook, PowerPoint, and other software programs used to create and distribute reports and key information).
- Effectively organizes and implements group projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry developments and events.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be energized by accomplishments and excellence in the workplace.
- English and French Language working Proficiency.
- Prepare media following established recipes.
- Prepare and Implement monthly production plans and oversee production of all plant varieties to meet production forecasts and targets.
- Maintenance of tissue culture stocks and repositories under growth cabinet conditions.
- Capture and report experimental data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow-up on equipment maintenance schedules including laminar flow hoods, autoclaves, washing machines and all other equipment.
- Maintain of a laboratory notebook according to industry guidelines.
- Understand the principles underlying tissue culture and other laboratory protocols and actively contribute to their improvement.
- Deliver daily progress to management and consultants.
- Maintain a controlled hygienic environment for laboratories.
- Manage and track laboratory inventory and ordering
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Salary (Based on Experience)
- Accommodation provided
- Medical Insurance provided.
- 30 days of paid leave annually
- 1 Return Air ticket annually
Please direct all resumes, cover letters and questions to: Eng. Lobna Salem , COO firstname.lastname@example.org
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...