Junior Professional (m/f/d)
Junior Professional (m/f/d) for the Natural Resources Management and Environment Department, Team Africa
Duty Station: Hamburg
Job Code: NRM-DEU20GFA0058
Duration: 2-year contract with the option to be extended
Deadline for application: 18.03.2020
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the frame-work of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting ser-vices as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has con-tinuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business are-as.
In the Natural Resources Management Department, we focus on consultancy services related to protected area and national park management, biodiversity and sustainable forest manage-ment as well as institutional development and good governance in the forest sector in Africa, Asia, EMENA and Latin America region.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) to join our Natural Resource Management Department for the Africa team.
As a Junior Professional you will work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the areas of project management, acquisition and strategic business develop-ment for conservation and natural resource management in the entire Sub-Saharan Region.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and communicative colleague, who is willing and able to in-tegrate his/her abilities, networks and dedication in the different projects on natural resource management with national partners.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to the Sub-Saharan Region, particularly francophone Africa.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordina-tion of technical and financial proposals in response to donor tenders in close coopera-tion with the responsible consultant;
- Technical review of studies and reports;
- Writing of prequalification documents;
- Increasing responsibility in project management (implementation management/financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies, con-tract management, etc) with a focus on conservation/protected area management in-cluding Backstopping missions to the projects, often in National Parks, also in remote and security relevant contexts;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts as well as networking with donor agencies (GIZ, KfW, EU, etc.), beneficiaries, partner companies and individual experts;
- Development of own technical competence in the field of natural resource and national park management through training on the job;
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term con-sultancy missions;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in Nature Conservation, Forestry, Tropical Ecology, Envi-ronmental Sciences, Geography, or related topics;
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation and natu-ral resources management;
- Full proficiency in written French and English; working knowledge of German is neces-sary;
- First experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) or European development institutions (such as EU) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the rele-vant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Some working experience in developing countries, preferably Africa;
- Proven ability and willingness to travel extensively to the countries in the region;
- Strong skills in writing and presentation and advanced proficiency in standard MS Of-fice applications;
- Other skills: respectful communication skills, dedicated for conservation, transdiscipli-nary work experience, responsible acting, pragmatism, improvisation skills, intercultural competence, stress resistance and team player.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on val-ues and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term per-spective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club dis-counts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates, university diplomas) by email to Mrs Heike Mainusch, to firstname.lastname@example.org
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...