Experts in horticultural value chains
Application by: 3 Aug, 2020
Project status: Forecast
Project title: EU 4 Lankaran – Regional Development Project in Azerbaijan
Period of project: Project start expected for First quarter 2021
Duration of assignment: up to 48 months
Job code: ARD-AZE19EU0443/1
The overall objective of the program is to support the Government’s efforts in the diversification of the economy while promoting balanced and inclusive growth of the region of Lankaran.
The purpose is to harness the economic potential of the region amongst other by enhancing the fruit and vegetable sector competitiveness through development of applied agricultural research and promotion of collaborative undertakings of the market actors in the sector.
This shall be achieved via improving the system for regional territorial and spatial planning, establishing a network of local economic and community cooperation hubs in the fruit and vegetable sector and improving Lankaran’s entrepreneurial and investment conditions in the fruit and vegetable sector.
We are looking for potential team leader as well as technical experts (full-term, intermittent, short-term) to support the implementation of the technical assistance project. The team leader would be in charge of the overall management of the project and the TA team as well as for the implementation of main key activities.
Key experts in regional/rural development, local economic development and / or horticulture value chain development would be in charge of the respective component of the project.
Non-key experts in the fields of e.g. regional development planning, establishment of business associations, support to agricultural producer groups, agri-business sector, business planning, fruit and vegetable processing and marketing, agricultural research, rural credit and finance, rural infrastructure, water and irrigation, natural resource management, adaptation to climate change, IPM.
Qualifications and skills for TL and KE::
- A master’s degree in Rural Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Business Management and/or other related fields;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Command of Azerbaijani or Turkish or Russian language would be an asset;
- Strong management and analytical skills coupled with a proven capacity in managing multidisciplinary international
General professional experience
- At least 10 years, but preferably 15 years of professional experience in the field of Agricultural and Rural Development;
- Professional hands-on experience in the field of agro-food business planning and management;
- Experience in development finance schemes or projects
Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of the Regional and Rural Development policy in the EU or in EU MSs or EU funded projects;
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience working on e.g. the development of value chains, horticultural and agro-processing sector, regional planning, agri-business development, establishment of favourable business conditions;
- Experience in the implementation of capacity building projects;
- Familiarity with cost-benefit analysis and pre-feasibility studies
- Previous experience of development projects funded by the EU or other international donors in Neighbourhood, TACIS or IPA countries is an advantage.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz email@example.com
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...