Special Projects Manager
Job Title : Special Projects Manager
Business Unit : Garamba National Park (GNP)
Location of Position : Nagero, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Function : Coordination
Reports to : General Manager, GNP
Responsibility African Parks Congo is the management entity of Garamba National Park, DRC. The NGO is directly affiliated to African Parks Network who is a non-profit organisation that takes total responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities.
The Special Projects Manager primarily assists the General Manager with overall coordination across the Park, including internal and external report writing, grant reporting, proposal preparation and support for various departments with technical and administrative tasks where required. The nature of the position will require close coordination with various departments in the Park on a broad range of aspects.
- Contribute to the preparation of key strategic documents including but not limited to, five-year business plan and annual workplan;
- Manage central calendars for Garamba National Park: schedule meetings and travel, group events, and other commitments;
- Coordinate booking travel for stakeholders in accordance with African Parks policies and procedures;
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating required actions to management;
- Assist with coordination of workshops, meetings and events as needed;
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, partners and other organizations;
- Assist the General Manager with various tasks including reporting to ensure the continuity of operations;
- Manage a diverse grants portfolio funded by private and institutional donors;
- Ensure compliance with donor implementation and reporting guidelines as well as contractual obligations;
- Coordinate with Heads of Department in preparing interim, final and other required reports, including working together with M&E team as required;
- Analyse grant progress, ensure proper budget follow-up, analysis, projections and budget realignments where needed.
- Lead the coordination and development of competitively strong proposals and concept notes in coordination with the fundraising team;
- Work collaboratively with wider funding team to help identify and plan strategies to position GNP with potential partners and donors;
- Oversees the creation of necessary promotion materials across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to presentations, social content, video, photography, website content, email, external reports, and press releases;
- Manage social media channels for Garamba National Park;
- Manage media visits to the Park in conjunction with African Parks Communication team.
- Work in collaboration with African Parks to assess the potential for tourism within Garamba National Park;
Qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in project management or coordination roles, with a preference of five years (5) years with a conservation or non-profit organization;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English in French;
- Experience in grant management, report and proposal writing with EU and USAID experience an advantage;
- A post-graduate degree in biodiversity conservation or other related field of study is an advantage;
- Communications experience is an advantage;
- Strong capacity to manage time and competing priorities;
- Strong initiative, perseverance, and resilience;
- Willingness to live in a remote setting and with previous experience living in Africa;
- Good team player with experience working with multicultural teams.
- General Manager, GNP
- Heads of Department, GNP
- Director of Law Enforcement
- Director of Research and Development
- Director of Operations
- Director of Finance
- Director of Procurement
- Director of Sustainable Development
- Fundraising, African Parks
- Operations, African Parks
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Institutional and private donors
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 29 July 2020
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please take it that your application was unsuccessful.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...