TP Organics Coordinator
Reports to: Research & Innovation Manager
TP Organics is the European Technology Platform for Organic Food & Farming. The secretariat of TP Organics being hosted by IFOAM Organics Europe, the platform identifies research priorities and innovation goals for organic and agroecology and promotes these towards policymakers The platform unites companies, small & medium-sized enterprises, researchers, farmers, consumers, and civil society organisations in the entire organic value chain - from production, input & supply to food processing, marketing and consumption
The TP Organics coordinator will be responsible for the secretariat of TP Organics and coordinate the advocacy work. In addition, they will take care of the collaboration with ERA-Net CORE Organic in terms of disseminating outcomes of projects funded by CORE Organic.
- Coordinate the TP Organics Secretariat
- Coordinate Steering Committee, Advisory Board and other groups of TP Organics
- Engage members in and inform about the work of TP Organics
- Engage financial supporters, collect donations
- Implement communication strategy, manage website and newsletter
- Coordinate the organisation of events
- Organic Innovation Days in November 2020
- Science Day at BioFach in February 2021
- Other events as needed
- Advocacy on EU Research & Innovation policy (Horizon Europe, European Partnerships, Missions, ERA-Nets, JPI’s, EIP-AGRI)
- Monitor policy developments
- Formulate positions of TP Organics (supported by Research & Innovation Manager and TP Organics Steering Committee)
- Participate in and report about events related to EU R&I policy
- Engage with policy makers at EU and Member State level. Build effective relationships. Represent TP Organics in meetings with policy makers
- Build alliances with other European Technology Platforms and organisations working on R&I advocacy
- Communication and dissemination for ERA-Net CORE Organic
- Dissemination of project outcomes
Additional tasks as needed
- Contribute to the preparation, application, negotiation and implementation of Research & Innovation projects related to organic food and farming
What kind of person are we looking for?
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in agronomy, agricultural engineering, or political sciences
- Qualification in organic agriculture
Experience - Essential
- 1-2 years of working experience relevant for the function
- Good understanding of EU Research & Innovation Policy and its various instruments
- Experience in advocacy work and formulation of positions
- Experience in building relationships with policy makers and stakeholders
- Experience in reporting, preparing meetings and minute taking
- Experience in effective communication with members and stakeholders
- Experience in organisation of events
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective communication skills in English including verbal and written skills
- Understanding of the trends and challenges in organic farming.
Experience - Desirable
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Knowledge about/work experience in Non-Governmental-Organisations
- Processing information, gathering intelligence
- Understanding of the context in which organic farmers operate
Skills & Attributes
- Able to develop your work independently
- High attention to detail & good organisational skills
- Ability to work in a truly intercultural environment
- Curious & creative
- Flexible & able to adapt to new situations
- Reflect and have empathy with the aims and objectives of IFOAM EU
- Strong interested in research & innovation for organic farming
Conditions of employment
- Full time position
- Only EU citizens or with a valid Belgian working permit if relevant
- Based at the IFOAM OE office in Brussels
- Monday to Friday, 38 hours/week
- Competitive salary package with meal voucher, 100% public transport coverage, health insurance, salary according to experience
- Homeworking flexibility
- Employment period: from September 2020 to August 2021 (12 months – determined contract with possibility of extension)
The full-time position will be based at the IFOAM Organics Europe office in Brussels (12-months determined contract starting in September, with possibility of extension). Find here the detailed vacancy with a description of the responsibilities and required qualifications/experience for this position as well as the link to the application form and share it widely with your networks. Deadline for applications is 23 August.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...