Team Leader with expertise in agricultural policy
To contribute to a more inclusive, sustainable and competitive growth-orientated agricultural sector that respects the environment, increases rural incomes, and slows down migration from rural areas, i.e. reduces rural exodus.
To improve the capacity of central government and decentralised Oblast/ATC entities to create a positive enabling environment for the sustainable private sector development in rural areas in general, and the agriculture sector specifically, thereby improving livelihoods of smallholder farmers, encouraging the use of good agricultural practices (GAPs), and supporting ongoing reforms in the fisheries and forestry sectors
- Result 1: Functioning and reformed MDETA able to implement an approved ARD strategic action plan, including further legal approximation related to the AA/DCFTA and the ministry’s priorities.
- Result 2: Functioning agriculture policy unit (APU) within MDETA to ensure agriculture policy is evidence-based, properly monitored and linked to medium term expenditure planning.
- Result 3: Executive agencies related to forestry and fisheries have devolved functions and are responsible for implementation of sector policy, particularly concerning smallholder activities.
- Result 4: A long-term national strategy and related policies for GI implementation are supported by a legal, institutional and control framework harmonised with EU practices, thereby ensuring the protection of Ukrainian and EU GIs, creating opportunities for added value products, and stimulating diversification and local initiatives, in particular for small producers.
- Result 5: Functioning and reformed regional governments at oblast and ATC levels are able to implement an approved ARD strategic action plan and the AA/DCFTA.
- Result 6: State support programmes effectively target private sector activities at decentralised level, particularly related to sustainable small farm development and rural diversification.
GFA is in a consortium with DMI (FR), Tetra Tech International Development B.V. (NL), Centrum Doradztwa Rolniczego w Brwinowie (Agricultural Advisory Centre
In Brwinow) (PL) and REDD SAS (FR).
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master's Degree (or equivalent) in agriculture, agriculture economics or relevant subject or a minimum of 10 years of professional experience relevant to the duties in the Terms of Reference (on top of minimum years and experience as described under General professional experience).
- Command of Ukrainian and/or Russian language will be considered an asset.
General professional experience
- Between 10 and 15 years of working experience relating to the definition and/or implementation of policy, development programmes, legislation, institutional reform or sector support programmes in the area of agriculture and/or rural development.
Specific professional experience
- Between 4 and 8 years of professional experience at central government level in support of the assessment, consultation, elaboration, implementation and monitoring of strategies, programmes and/or targeted policy interventions in the agricultural and/or rural sector.
- Proven management experience as Team Leader (or equivalent) in at least 2 technical assistance projects, each of minimum 12 months’ duration;
- Relevant experience at central government level in medium term expenditure framework/budget planning, public administration reform, or public finance management, in EU member states (i.e. at a time when the country was an EU member state) will be considered an asset.
- Experience of participating in the implementation of at least 2 technical assistance projects in EU candidate/potential candidate countries or countries covered by ENI, ENPI, IPA and PHARE (or equivalent) Regulations will be considered an asset.
Regine Reuter email@example.com
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...