Park Manager, Bangweulu Wetlands
Location: Bangweulu Wetlands, Zambia
Starting date: ASAP
Overview: African Parks is a non-profit conservation organisation that takes on the complete responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. We currently manage 18 national parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 14.1 million hectares in: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, the Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Anglophone Regional Manager, the primary purpose of the role will be to:
- develop and implement an integrated strategy for the park’s sustainable development;
- ensure the effective operational management of the park;
- provide strong leadership to the PMU team;
- represent and promote African Parks with all stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s)
- Develop and execute a park strategy in accordance with the Partnership Agreement (mandate) with the Government and African Parks Network (APN) objectives;
- Develop, revise, and monitor implementation of, a five-year business plan;
- Develop and implement an annual activity plan and budget;
- Develop and implement plans for recovery and sustainable development of the park / protected area.
- Develop and maintain positive community, government (national & local), donor, and other stakeholder relations;
- Ensure financial management processes and fiscal discipline rigorously applied
- Drive revenue generation through development of sustainable marketing and tourism and other commercial revenue streams;
- Ensure all park activities conducted in accordance with African Parks policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Ensure the park is adequately resourced (financial, people, equipment, etc) to effectively meet its day-to-day operational requirements;
- Promote the development and recruitment of local nationals into the park in accordance with the Partnership Agreement and the needs of the park;
- Build a constituency for conservation;
- Build a strong values-based team culture in the park;
- Provide accurate and meaningful reports to the park Board, APN and other stakeholders as required.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably conservation related, an advantage;
- 10-15 year working experience;
- 5 years experience working in similar environments and roles;
- Experience in non-profit organisations an advantage
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Strong commercial skills
- Knowledge and demonstratable experience of the Zambian hunting industry
- Fixed wing pilots’ licence
- Strong financial management skills
- Project Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Stakeholder relationship management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven team leadership ability
- Results oriented
- Highly resilient
- PMU team
- Regional Manager
- APN COO
- AP Park Manager community
- Park Board
- Key government officials
- Key donors To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 October 2020.
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please take it that your application was unsuccessful.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...