Officer (Evaluation and Learning)
Parental Leave Replacement
Level : Officer
Location : Bonn, Germany
Deadline for application : January 15, 2021
To support the design and implementation of the FSC monitoring and evaluation system, including monitoring and evaluation of FSC data and impacts. Further he/she supports FSC activities and processes aiming at conformity with relevant best practices and benchmarks developed by third parties in this area.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To extract impact related and FSC relevant information from scientific papers.To classify papers according to pre-defined typologies,
- To maintain a coherent and clean dataset with the extracted information.
- To research media publications and scientific studies as well as policy developments in order to compile data and findings on FSC outcomes and impacts.
- To compile and interpret relevant findings and trends about the FSC certification system.
- To enter relevant information into a literature database.
- To support activities ensuring compliance with ISEAL codes of practice pertaining to Data Analysis, Evaluation and Learning (DAEL).
- To support DAEL analytics.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University or technical college degree in a relevant field (e.g. Quality Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, International Relations, Natural Resource Management, or Forest Management respectively).
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Monitoring and Evaluation, Academia, Quality Management (Quality Assurance, Quality Control), Certification (Standard Development, Auditing), International Relations, Forest Management.
- Experience with scientific research (design, implementation, sampling, analysis, interpretation, redaction of scientific reports, peer-reviewing)
- Experience in proof-reading and reviewing materials published in foras intended for external stakeholders.
- Proven record of quality scientific publications.
- Ability to summarize complex topics and formulate pragmatic suggestions for operational response to data insights.
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work.
- Proactiveness and high level of engagement.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several administrative and support functions.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Database management platforms is a plus
- Tableau is a plus
- Customer Relations Management systems (for example Salesforce) is a plus.
- Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex topics to a non-professional audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Part-time (20 hours per week)
- Starting Date: ideally April 2021
- Duration of Employment: until September 2022
What we offer
- A gender balanced team of roughly a hundred people from more than 30 countries from all over the world.
- Up to one day per week of remote work (“home office”).
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary to be negotiated, according to the experience: between 18,000€ and 22,000€ gross per year (for the part-time position).
- Kindergarten/day care allowance of up to 150 € net per month.
- Job ticket (public transport) subsidized with 480 € net per year.
- Language course allowance of up to 500 € per year.
How to apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...