Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Professional
Kellen is the leading professional services firm dedicated to creating, managing and advising EU and global trade associations and interest groups.
Kellen is currently looking for a Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Professional.
The Scientific and Regulatory Affairs professional will support various association teams operating in the food sector at EU and Belgian level. The position is full-time and based in our Brussels office.
The main roles will be to support the work of the scientific and/or regulatory affairs committees of various trade associations in the food & feed sector.
Particularly, you will be:
- Developing and leading the implementation of public affairs and regulatory programs of the associations in close cooperation with the Association’s Directors;
- Managing meetings and conference calls of several working groups independently and taking minutes and actions list; following up on implementation of actions;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (EU Institutions and other associations) by representing the associations in relevant fora at legislative and regulatory levels and position the association as the authoritative resource towards stakeholders;
- Monitoring and analysing developments on food policy and food safety legislation in Europe and Belgium in order to become the go-to person on those issues;
- Addressing EFSA calls for data and dossiers submission: organising the collection and submission of data provided by food business operators in support of the calls and other requests from EFSA;
- Managing an association’s sampling plan (collection, collation and anonymization of data provided by labs, based on analysis of samples provided by the association’s members);
- Leading the development of positions on technical issues;
- Participating actively in the association staff team.
- Scientific background acquired either through scientific studies such as science, biology, bio-engineering and equivalent or through work experience in a corporate or trade association environment;
- At least 3 years’ experience in scientific and regulatory affairs in the food sector at EU level;
- An understanding of legislations related to food safety (in particular pesticides, contaminants) in general is a plus;
- Knowledge of EFSA and/or DG SANTE and established network of contacts in EU institutions is a plus;
- Proactive and efficient professional, able to work independently, with a high level of commitment and a certain degree of flexibility, with strong diplomatic skills;
- Strong team player, quality and result oriented and willing to work in an international environment;
- Outstanding analytical/research skills and proven accuracy/Very good writing and presentational skills;
- Computer literate (Office 365, web-based tools);
- Excellent written and spoken English, Dutch and French.
- An attractive base salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience;
- An international working environment with a leading firm;
- A clear opportunity for career growth;
- Continuous training and professional development.
Application process: Please send your CV and cover letter by 31 May 2021 by e-mail to: Bénédicte Lambert (ref: vacancy Senior Scientific and Regulatory Affairs – May 2021): email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on Kellen www.kellencompany.com/brussels.
Kellen will ensure that candidate’s personal data are processed as required by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...