Hydrologist / Irrigation Expert for International Development Projects
Hydroplan Ingenieur-Gesellschaft mbH is an independent consulting engineering company. Since the company was founded in 1969, Hydroplan's experts and engineers have successfully completed more than 1000 projects in more than 100 countries around the world. Our main office is located in Worms. Our company is mainly active in the field of water supply, waste and sewage disposal, infrastructure and environmental technology.
We are looking for a hydrologist or an irrigation expert to strengthen the team of our project "Adaptation to drought and El Niño effects in the Central Highlands in Vietnam (Drought-ADAPT) - Subproject 5 - Engineering hydrological studies on water technology for irrigation and reservoir management" (m / f / d). The main area of responsibility is the optimization of irrigation and reservoir management.
In detail, the work includes the following activities:
- Assessment of current status of irrigation infrastructure and practices in the project area;
- Evaluation of water availability with the aid of data collected by a project partner;
- Determination of water requirements of different crops;
- Definition of engineering-technological improvement proposals for efficient irrigation infrastructure;
- Concepts & plans for optimized water storage and regulation of reservoir infrastructure;
- Formulation of water and irrigation plans.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Irrigation, Agriculture or related.
- Experience within the fields of water resources, water management field, working within the design of irrigation and hydraulic projects.
- Knowledge of common irrigation methods and techniques.
- Experience in hydraulic modelling (EPANET/IrrigatePlus, SWMM)
- Experience with CAD, GIS software beneficial.
- Fluent in english, ideally German and other language skills.
- High willingness to travel (field missions to the project area).
- Experience in working with FAO standards and databases would be benefitial.
- Demanding and diversified activities in international development projects.
- A young, dynamic and committed team.
- The security and flexibility of a medium-sized family business with short decision-making paths.
- Professional and personal training and development.
67547 Worms :: Germany
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...