Stage - agroforesterie
Location: Belgium; remote telework
Timeframe: 3 months at 15 – 20 hours per week (flexible)
Weforest is a non-profit organization founded 2009.
Mission: building upon corporate and scientific partnerships, WeForest empowers communities to sustainably advance and implement innovative, high standard, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest landscapes.
Programs: WeForest is a Belgium-based non-profit organization, which works with communities and local partners to develop scalable Forest Landscape Restoration projects mostly in tropical regions to sustain nature's diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. Since 2009, we have grown very fast: after having restored 22,000ha, we recently developed a project capacity to reach 85,000ha (100 million trees) by 2024.
The scope of the internship is to support the WeForest Agroforestry Program to develop tools and materials and processes for project field teams.
Areas of responsibility
Under the supervision of the Agroforestry Program Advisor, the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Research on agroforestry species biomass and intercropping systems
- Research on agroforestry system pests/ disease
- Assist in researching agroforestry organizations, institutions and best practices across the sector
- Other related tasks as needed
- Students in bachelor programs (masters preferred) in agroforestry/ forestry/ agriculture/ environmental science
- Experience working with smallholder farmers in developing countries
- Proficiency in verbal, written English
- Highly inspired by our goal to make Earth a better, cooler place
Period and duration
Start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: Three months with possibility of extension at 15-20 hours/ week
How to apply
Please send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning the internship title in the subject of the email) which must include your resumé and motivation letter.
Mission de consultance (également valable pour un TFE)
Un vendeur de machine agricole qui développe (et a développé) des contacts avec le Pakistan. Il...
Evaluation du devenir des produits phytopharmaceutiques en plein champ en fonction des pratiques...
Proposition de thèse
Measuring wood quality of logs from low-cost sensors at the sawmill or at the road side
Stage en labo R&D
REALCO, société située dans le parc scientifique de Louvain-la-Neuve, fabrique depuis plus de 30...
Engagé dans le cadre d'un programme de développement financé par le SPW - Agriculture intiulé...
Thèse de doctorat
Environnement scientifiqueLa thèse se déroulera au sein de l’Institut régional Charles Viollette...