Emplois & Formations
Internship with the EX-Ante Carbon-balance Tool [EX-ACT] team – Climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience in the AFOLU sector
HQ FAO Internship Programme – Call of Expression of Interest 180100
The EX-ACT team is looking for highly qualified students (see requirements) as intern for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in the Agricultural Development Economics (ESA). The team is engaged in different areas of work, such as GHG appraisal, value chain analysis, projects design, projects implementation and MRV, EX ACT tools (EX-ACT, EX-ACT Value Chain and EX-ACT MRV designed for NDBs) training to partners (NGOs, ministries, IFIs, UN organization, EU, GEF, AFD), methodologies for carbon fund, e-learning training, EX-ACT technical support, publications. Applicants will be assigned various tasks accordingly to the needs and qualifications.
There would be possibility of extension as consultants for qualified interns
- Holding a master (bio-engineer, agroecology, biology, agronomy, veterinary sciences…)
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills
- Good working knowledge of English
- Duration of internship: 4 months minimum (maximum 11 months)
HOW TO APPLY
- GO ON: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
- Click on “Access other vacancies” & create your account.
- On job search “job tittle” look for Call For Expression Of Interest – HQ Internship Programme & Apply
- Notify the EX-ACT team of your interest, your CV and date of availability
EX-ANTE CARBON-BALANCE TOOL [EX-ACT]
The Ex-Ante Carbon-balance Tool (EX-ACT) is an appraisal system developed by FAO providing ex-ante estimates of the impact of agriculture and forestry development projects, programmes and policies on the carbon-balance. The carbon-balance is defined as the net balance from all GHGs expressed in carbon dioxide (CO2) equivalents that were emitted or sequestered due to project implementation as compared to a business-as-usual scenario.
EX-ACT is a land-based accounting system, estimating C stock changes (i.e. emissions or sinks of CO2) as well as GHG emissions per unit of land, expressed in equivalent tonnes of CO2 per hectare and year. The tool helps project designers to estimate and prioritize project activities with high benefits in economic and climate change mitigation terms. The amount of GHG mitigation may also be used as part of economic analysis as well as for the application for funding additional project components.
EX-ACT has been developed using mostly the IPCC 2006 Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories (IPCC, 2006) that furnishes EX-ACT with recognized default values for emission factors and carbon values, the so called Tier 1 level of precision. Besides, EX-ACT is based upon chapter 8 of the Fourth Assessment Report from working group III of the IPCC (Smith, et al., 2007) for specific mitigation options not covered in NGGI-IPCC-2006. Other required coefficients are from published reviews or international databases. For instance embodied GHG emissions for farm operations, transportation of inputs, and irrigation systems implementation come from Lal (Lal, 2004) and electricity emission factors are based on data from the International Energy Agency (IEA, 2013).
- GHG accounting for the peatland restoration in Indonesia
- GHG accounting for GEF and GCF project
- Integrated mangrove shrimp farming system in Vietnam (work desk)
- Publication on “Climate Mitigation: the key role of Current Agriculture Development Investment portfolios – How AFOLU investments portfolio could be used as mitigation engines”
- Horse value chain and its environmental impact
- Development of the Banana value chain tool with the World Banana Forum
- Coffee and cacao value chain in Haiti
- Fisheries value chain
- Rice value chain in Cote d’Ivoire and development of bioenergy from rice husks
- Mainstreaming ex-ante GHG accounting into the EFA of development investments for IFAD
- Integrating a biodiversity module in EX-ACT tools
- Technical development of the EX-ACT value chain tool (integration of the wetland module)
- EX-ACT training to partners
Interns receive an allowance of 700 USD per month
Laure-Sophie Schiettecatte – firstname.lastname@example.org
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
Peas & Love - Stage (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love - Stage
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris...