LIFE Monitoring Expert (m/f)
Created in 1994, Prospect C&S is an independent consultancy company specialized in environment, climate action, rural development and food security.
Over the years, Prospect C&S team has gained extensive experience in implementing specific studies or managing contracts for various national and international clients. We have strong experience of over 16 years of monitoring EC LIFE projects in the BENELUX and in South East Europe covering all strands of this EU Programme: Climate Action, Nature and Biodiversity, Environment and Governance.
Prospect C&S hosts also in its offices the coordination team and provides all LIFE Sector Coordinators, the General Coordinator and their administrative assistants (8 persons in total).
Prospect is now looking for a technical expert specialised in at least one of the targeted strands to reinforce the LIFE Benelux team (12 persons).
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Assistance, financial and technical support for the monitoring of open LIFE projects (Nature and/or Environment and/or Climate Action) in Belgium, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and The Netherlands, which include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of technical progress through progress reports submitted by beneficiaries and field visits;
- Verification that the management of the project is in line with the General Conditions/Common Provisions of the grant agreement (HR inputs reporting, procurement procedures and invoicing);
- Reporting on findings and providing recommendations to the LIFE Units (DG ENV & EASME);
- Assistance to the beneficiaries (e.g. guidance on the interpretation of LIFE rules
- Dealing with tasks other than monitoring foreseen under the LIFE Framework contract: participation to thematic platform meeting, undertaking ex-post missions to LIFE projects, presenting the LIFE programme at the occasion of an InfoDay, etc.
- A level of education which corresponds to a minimum master degree in the field of environment, or nature protection or climate change or equivalent (biology, bio-engineering, civil engineering, etc.).
- Fluent in Dutch (native speaker or equivalent) and excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of French is a definite advantage as it would allow the expert to cover projects in all 3 countries.
- More than 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in project management/monitoring in the field of environment is an advantage.
- Experience in drafting project proposals/offers in one or several themes.
Prospect C&S s.a. Brussels Belgium
As part of the BENELUX regional team, the work is foreseen to take place within the Brussels office of Prospect C&S. Rue du Prince Royal 83, 1050 Brussels. Additionally, there are project visits and possible field activities. Occasional travel abroad in Europe might be required (e.g. participation to the annual team meeting with field trip in one of the Member States).
To apply, please submit your CV (Europass format) and application letter, both in English before 31/08/2018 to the following email addresses: email@example.com (putting firstname.lastname@example.org in cc).
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...