Emplois & Formations
Coordinator service laboratory for Molecular Plant Pathology
Scientia Terrae is a not-for-profit-organization that functions as a research, service and education institute for the benefit of the horticulture industry and food sector. The company has positioned itself at the interface between the academic world and the agriculture industry to translate fundamental science into practical solutions and real-world applications. The plant molecular biology team has a strong focus in diagnostics of different plant diseases and viruses, as well as analyses of commercial plant protection products.
- As coordinator of the molecular plant pathology service laboratory, you will be responsible for the diagnostic services in the domain of plant virology, provided by Scientia Terrae, to internal and external parties. This also includes the supervision and support of the lab technicians. You will formulate team and individual goals, coordinate and prioritize workload for the team members to ensure reporting of the results within the imposed time frame.
- You will be responsible for the daily follow-up of lab analyses and the interpretation and reporting of the results to different customers. In case of non-conformities in quality control, you are able to take corrective actions.
- You maintain accurate and extensive documentation in accordance with internal procedures.
- You are continuously searching for improvements in lab procedures, protocols and molecular diagnostic tools, implementation of new and relevant molecular techniques, including investment plans for new equipment when required.
- You have a master degree in Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, Biology or related fields and strong expertise in molecular biology techniques as nucleic acids extraction, RT-PCR, qPCR, cloning and molecular sequence analyses.
- Knowledge of phytopathology, plant virology and bio-informatics is highly appreciated.
- Previous working experience in routine laboratory environment is highly recommended, as well as experience with accredited quality systems.
- You are a highly motivated team player, you can work under pressure and are willing to work flexibly to achieve deadlines when required. You are capable of working independently and you are proactive in the implementation of improvements to ensure a high quality service.
- You have strong people management and communication skills. You are action and result oriented and you are an excellent planner and organizer. You are able to translate scientific knowledge and data into practical advices for the customers.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and can work with an international and diverse team.
Scientia Terrae vzw offers a challenging and innovative environment where you can play an important role in a dynamic research center that works in close collaboration with the family holding ‘Group De Ceuster’.
Initiative and professionalism are greatly appreciated within a company that’s represented by an open culture and a high involvement of its employees. Your remuneration will be in accordance with your experience and responsibilities.
We are looking for a long-term recruitment, to start.
How to apply
Please submit your candidacy, including a motivation letter, via https://scientiaterrae.talentfinder.be/index.aspx
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...