Sustainable Development manager for the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem (GZE)
Location: Zakouma NP, Chad (ZNP)
Reports to: Greater Zakouma General Manager (GM)
Supervises: The development of the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem.
Job overview: Following the signing of a partnership agreement between African Parks and the Government of Chad to manage the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem it is necessary to put in place a Land-use and Management Plan and manage all aspects of this plan to the benefit of both the people and the wildlife living the ecosystem.
Development of the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem Land-use and Management Plan
- Ensure the correct process is followed to elevate the protection status of the Siniaka Minia Faunal Reserve to National Park status.
- Do the necessary Socio-Economic study to allow for the change in protected area status when necessary.
- Liaise with all stakeholders in the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem.
- Liaise with all role players in the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem.
- Develop agreements with the Associated Structures active in the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem.
- Develop and put in place Land-use and Management Plan for the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem. This plan will have to include, amongst others, the following aspects
- A network of protected areas.
- Wildlife corridors between protected areas.
- Transhumance corridors.
- Proper planning of artificial water provision.
- Proper planning of agriculture and infrastructure development, including new villages.
Implementation of the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem Land-use and Management Plan
- Ensure the implementation of the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem Land-use and Management Plan.
- Put in place the necessary agreements between the various stakeholders, partners and other role players active in the GZE.
- Represent the Greater Zakouma management at biannual Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure adherence to the Greater Zakouma Ecosystem Land-use and Management Plan by all stakeholders, partners and role players.
- Any other duties as requested by the general manager.
- To provide the GM with a monthly report by the end of each month (latest the first of the next month).
- To provide the GM with an annual report at the end of each year.
- Final employment will take place after the satisfactory completion of a 3-month probation period.
- General Manager and Zakouma park management unit.
- Siniaka Minia management unit.
- Associated Structures in the GZE.
- Other NGOs active in the GZE.
- Partners active in the GZE.
- Regional Government structures.
What does success look like in 3-years’ time?
- The upgrade of the protection status of the Siniaka Minia Faunal Reserve to National Park.
- The development and endorsement of the GZE LUMP.
- Positive relationships with stakeholders, partners and other role players active in the GZE.
- Successful biannual Steering Committee meetings guiding activities within the GZE.
Starting date: 1 August 2019.
Call for Candidates:
Any interested parties to submit a written application, by email, to the following address; firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should include:
- Past experience;
- Language skills;
Preference will be given to candidates with the following background:
- Able to communicate in English and French.
- Good writing skills and experience in the development of Land-use and Management Plans.
- Experience in dealing with International NGOs.
- Experience in dealing with local partners and stakeholders.
The top 3 candidates will be shortlisted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...