SCF is looking for an experienced and charismatic Program Manager for its activities in Africa. The Program Manager reports directly to the CEO and is based at SCF’s European office near Paris in France with significant travel/presence in SCF project areas. S/he is responsible for the development and guidance of the conservation program, projects and activities and to maintain and foster relationships with partner organisations and government bodies with whom SCF works. The Program Manager is also responsible for the management of, and support to program teams, providing them with leadership and coaching, as well as with technical and administrative support.
Profile and Experience
Project & Program Management
- Manage and supervise the portfolio of SCF projects and activities;
- Develop and monitor annual project work plans and budgets;
- Monitor project expenditure and conformity to budget and donor requirements;
- Travel to SCF project sites in the Sahel and Sahara to supervise and support projects;
Reporting & Communications
- Be responsible for periodic project technical and financial reporting;
- Provide field or project monitoring reports following each visit;
- Write brief monthly bulleted flash reports and quarterly program progress reports, outlining major activities and project progress;
- Contribute to the SCF Annual Report;
- Assist with technical and scientific reporting as required;
- Assist with SCF’s communications and fundraising activities;
Supervision & Staffing
- Supervise teams and provide coaching and training as required, especially during fieldwork and site visits;
- Ensure activities are run in accordance with approved SCF standards, policies and norms, and any additional donor-related rules and regulations;
- Provides recommendations for program team development and supports staffing management and recruitment accordingly;
- Ensures regular staff performance reviews, goal-setting and development;
- Contributes to the operationalization, review and development of the SCF strategic plan and ensures its operationalization through yearly program plans and objectives;
- Develops proposals for new projects or on-going phases of current ones;
- Fosters relationships with partner organizations and government bodies with whom SCF works;
- Builds productive partnerships with and represent SCF with institutional, technical and financial partners;
- Assist with the management and activities of the Annual Sahel-Sahara Conservation Meeting;
- Undertake other tasks broadly related to the functions of a program manager
The ideal candidate:
- is a dynamic and committed conservationist with substantial experience in field-based conservation in Africa;
- has proven skills and experience with community-based and landscape-level conservation and natural resource management initiatives;
- has working knowledge of pastoralism and rangeland management, environmental and social resilience;
- is willing and able to travel and work in offbeat places, with a positive multi-cultural outlook;
- is a great team worker, able to both energize and support teams and partners to deliver quality and timely results;
- is fluent in both French and English;
- Remuneration commensurate with skills and experience within non-governmental organization standards and parameters based on the “Convention Collective Nationale de l’Animation”.
- Work duration: full time.
- Type and length of contract: permanent contract with a trial period of 4 months (two times two months).
- Place of work: SCF-Europe offices in France with regular travel to Africa (c. 50% of time).
- Position to be filled by: as soon as possible.
How to apply
All correspondence, at this stage, should be via Oxford HR. To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page and complete our online application form. Please provide a CV and Cover Letter in ONE single document, which should be prepared before applying as they will be requested in the application process.
The statement should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
For advice on how to write a successful statement, please see here.
N.B. The document should be saved in MS Word in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (yymm) e.g.: Pat-Jones CVandStatement-1502
Closing Date : 21st August 2019
First Interviews : Week of Sept. 2nd 2019
Client interviews and offer to successful candidate : Week of Sept 23rd 2019
Equality and diversity are at the core of Sahara Conservation Fund’s values. Staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
Applications will be reviewed as received. The candidates meeting the essential requirements will be screened by Oxford HR before the closing date of the advert. The shortlisted candidates will be then referred for formal interview with the Sahara Conservation Fund team.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information, or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
About Oxford HR
Oxford HR operates globally - mainly within the international development and UK charity sectors. We carry out retained executive search mandates at board and senior management levels. We also offer human resource and organizational development consultancy.
Oxford HR has many years of experience in search as well as an extensive network of international development, social sector, corporate, public sector and academic contacts from across the world. We carry out comprehensive and often international searches designed to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Oxford HR’s team members have significant personal experience of working in international development and the social sector as well as the corporate and governmental sectors. We are in a unique position to find and assess talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
ARSIA - Responsable Opérationnel R&D (23-06-2017)
Responsable Opérationnel orienté « Recherche et Développement »
ARSIA recrute un/e Responsable...
Green Europe - Technico-commercial (23-06-2017)
Technico-commercial, laborantin chimiste H/F
La société Green Europe, spécialisée dans le...
GAL (Botte du Hainaut) - Coordinateur (23-06-2017)
Coordinateur/trice GAL Botte du Hainaut
Le Groupe d’Action Locale (GAL) de la Botte du Hainaut...
ASIT Biotech - 2 Junior Project Leader Development Operations (27-06-2017)
La Société ASIT Biotech est à la recherche "de jeunes talents motivés afin de relever les...
Peas & Love - Community Farmers (18-07-2017)
Peas & Love
Peas & Love propose des potagers urbains entretenus à Bruxelles et à Paris et...
République du Congo - Chef de projet (18-07-2017)
Chef de projet expatrié développement rural
THE ASPINALL FOUNDATION...