Assistant academic staff - 100% - Faculty of Bioscience Engineering - BW27 - Agricultural Economics
→ Apply until 25/02/2020 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department BW27 - Agricultural Economics
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202002/BW27/AS/002
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
You will assist in the teaching activities at the department of agricultural economics.
You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering Technology, Master of Science in Bioscience Engineering, International Master of science in rural development, Master of science in Nutrition and Rural Development, Master of science in Economics, Master of science in Business Engineering, Master of science in Business Administration, Master of science in Business Economics, Master of science in Complementary Studies in Economics or related master degree. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have knowledge and interest in economics and agricultural economics, more specifically in natural resource management
- You have knowledge on quantitative economic research methods.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
- Your knowledge of English is sufficient to allow you to contribute to teaching activities.
- A level of knowledge of Dutch enabling you to teach in Dutch is recommended.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 april 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Marijke D’Haese (marijke.dhaese@UGent.be, +32 9 264 60 88).
Bachelier.e - contrôle phytosanitaire
L’AFSCA est à la recherche de bacheliers pour les contrôles phytosanitaires à l’aéroport de...
Offre de stage
L’association Jeunes en Actions Sans Frontières (JASF) au vous offre une expérience...
Offre de stage
La Compagnie du Paysage, agence de paysage et d’urbanisme créée en 2004, reconnue pour ses...
Community Development Manager Garamba NP
5-10 years of experienceProficient in French & EnglishSee attached ToRs.Please contact directly...
Research and Monitoring Unit Director, Nouabalé Ndoki National Park (NNNP)
Position: Research and Monitoring Unit Director, Nouabalé Ndoki National Park (NNNP)Reports to:...
Chargé de cours (Chimie)
Contrôle des Procédés et qualité des produits biosourcés dans un contexte de transition...